The process of setting up the HP Envy 6200 is simple and be completed by following the below steps. The set-up can be done by connecting the HP Envy 6200 to a wireless connection. All that is needed is the Wi-Fi credentials and access to the HP Envy 6200 printer.
HP Envy 6200 Wireless Printer Setup for WindowsStep 1 – Begin the HP Envy 6200 installation for Windows.
- To complete the process, the printer should be turned on and there should be an active wireless connection.
- Power up the windows device as well. Now, proceed to connect the Windows devices to the wireless network connection.
- Ensure that at this point the printer and the WiFi router are in close range.
- To know, How to setup HP Envy 6200 for windows and mac.
Step 2 – Connect to the wireless network to the HP Envy 6200 printer for Windows
- Move over to the printer and open theControl Panel.
- Followed by this, click on the Wireless Setup Wizard. On clicking this, a list of available networks will appear.
- Choose the desired wireless network connection and key in the credentials.
- Give it a few minutes, and the connection will be established.
Step 3: Download and install the HP Envy 6200 software
- On the Windows device, open the HP Support website - 123.hp.com/envy6200 to download the HP Envy 6200 driver.
- Follow the on-screen instructions like choosing the product type and keying in the model name - HP Envy 6200.
- Select the OS and from the list choose the right printer driver.
- Begin the download and complete the installation by following the on-screen instructions.
HP Envy 6200 Wireless Printer Setup for MacStep 1 –HP Envy 6200 installation – Mac
- To begin, the printer and the device have to be connected to the same wireless network connection.
- To do this, ensure that there is an active connection with the WiFi credentials available.
- Connect the Mac device to the WiFi connection, by searching and keying in the credentials.
- Do the same on the HP Envy 6200 printer and key in the credentials through the printer’s wireless setup wizard.
- To connect the HP Envy 6200 printer, move over to its display.
- Here, click the control panel, followed by the network which will then lead you to a Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Here a list of available networks will show up. Proceed to choose the desired network and key in the credentials.
- The connection will take place within a few seconds.
Step 3 – Download and install the HP Envy 6200 printer driver
- Turn on the Mac device and proceed to open the 123.hp.com/setup 6200 support page.
- Here, choose Device and Software and follow the on-screen instructions. Followed by this, choose the product type and key in the name of the printer - HP Envy 6200 printer.
- Choose an OS like Mac and then select HP printer driver software and download it.
- Run the downloaded file and complete the installation until you reach the finish option.
How to connect HP Envy 6200 Printer to laptop or Mac?
How to connect my HP Envy 6200 printer to Mac computer?
- You have two options that can be used to connect the HP Envy 6200 printer - wired or wireless network.
- If you choose to use the wired connection, then you will need a USB cable to connect it from the printer to the Mac device.
- Add the printer on the Mac device to begin using the HP Envy 6200 printer.
- For a wireless network connection, key in the WiFi credentials on the printer’s Control panel, and the connection will be established.
How to connect my HP Envy 6200 printers to a laptop?
- You have the option of using a wired and a wireless network to connect the printer to a network.
- If you have chosen the wired connection, a USB cable should be connected between the printer and the laptop. After that, the printer should be added to the laptop.
- If you have chosen to use a wireless network connection, then, move over to the printer and select the control panel followed by wireless Setup Wizard and locate the WiFi name.
- Key in the credentials and with this the connection will be established.
HP Envy 6200 Wireless - Troubleshooting
What if I do not know my wireless network name or password in HP Envy 6200?
- If you are unable to find the name of the wireless network and password you can retrieve this by opening the operating device and clicking on network followed by sharing centre.
- Select the name of the wireless connection that is displayed on the screen and then click on the wireless properties.
- Select the Security tab followed by the show character icon.
- Here, you will be able to find the network password.
- In case the HP Envy 6200 printer won't connect To WiFi.
HP Envy 6200 Printer does not maintain its Wireless Connection
- Make sure that you have selected the right Wireless connection that should be used.
- Ensure that the wireless connection is active and stable to perform without any hindrance.
- Once, you have established that the connection is stable, open the HP Support website - 123.hp.com/setup 6200 to run a diagnosis.
- Here, you should download the HP Print and Scan Doctor. Run the file and follow the instructions.
- Apply all fixes as recommended and the issues will be managed.